About this course
This course will teach you how to respond to anything from a minor injury to an emergency situation - a skill that is vital in the fitness industry, whether you are self employed or work for a gym. This Emergency First Aid in the Workplace qualification will be valid for 3 years from the day of your certification.
The benefits of taking this course
- You'll become more employable
- You'll be qualified for 3 years
- You'll have unparalleled student support to help you along your way
This is a short course with a mixture of theory and practical work.
Format: Classroom-based study
Duration: 1 day (YOU PICK YOUR COURSE DAY)
What you need to do this course
- Students must be aged 16 or above
- No formal qualification required.
What you will qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
What you will learn
This Emergency in First Aid course is a vital accompaniment to an instructor's portfolio. This course will be train you to deal with an emergency situation. Lessons include:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to conduct a scene survey
- How to conduct a casualty survey
- First aid for a choking casualty
- First aid for an unresponsive casualty
- How to put a casualty in the recover position
- How to perform CPR (cardio pulmonary resuscitation)
- Identifying and managing casualties with external bleeding, shock, minor burns and scalds.
How you are assessed
You will be assessed on the day of your course.
Level 3 - Award In Emergency First Aid At Work
Intensive: 1 Day Course
(YOU PICK YOUR COURSE DAY)