ATTENTION: PAYMENT OPTIONS
£599 For one time payment
£699 FOR MONTHLY INSTALMENTS (Select Manual option at checkout for this option)
Whether you are embarking on a new career as a sports massage therapist, or looking to extend your massage offering you will find this course can stand alone or compliment your current skills.
This course can also give established personal trainers and fitness instructors the skills to treat pre-, inter- and post-event as well as maintenance treatments, develop knowledge of the lymphatic system and practical consultation training.
Our Diploma in Sports Massage will educate and empower you to gain employment and obtain insurance, whether that is in your own practice, or working as an employed or self-employed therapist. This course will provide you with the skills to work alongside physiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths within sports massage and osteopathic clinics as well as working in sporting and fitness venues or even working delivering therapy sessions at clients homes.
- REPS and CIMSPA accredited course
- Taught by industry experts who will provide guidance and support throughout the course
- Includes all equipment and massage oils
- Custom teaching schedule
- 0% finance options, with low monthly repayments
Once you have booked onto the course you will recieve a full detailed outline of the course, customised teaching schedule and introduction from your teacher.
Level 4 - Certificate In Sports Massage Therapy
A level 4 sports massage practitioner’s role includes planning, providing and evaluating sport massage treatments to seek to correct common patterns of dysfunction, and/or pre-diagnosed injuries, using a range of basic and advanced massage techniques.
Learners will cover:
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Anatomy and physiology of the major joints of the body
- The pathophysiology of common injuries/soft tissue patterns of dysfunction
- The principles and practice of objective assessment techniques and the influences and effects which such information has upon treatment planning
- How heat and ice may be used to safely support the soft tissue repair process
- The purpose and use of a range of soft tissue mobilisation and neuromuscular techniques used within sports massage therapy
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Conducting subjective and objective assessments
- Devising sports massage treatment plans to help correct identified areas of soft tissue dysfunction and /or support the soft tissue repair process of previously diagnosed injuries
- Application of a range of soft tissue mobilisation and neuromuscular techniques
- Evaluation of sports massage treatments
- Format: Classroom based learning
What you will learn
- Conducting subjective and objective assessment
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
How you will be assessed
- Written Theory Exam
- Observed Treatment Session (x5)
Please note that you will be required to bring one participant with you for your assessment.
What you qualify with
- YMCA Awards Level 4 Diploma in Sports Massage
- 16 REPs points / Entry to REPs at Level 4
- 10 CIMSPA points
This course is supported by:
- Skills for Health (SfH)
- General Council for Massage Therapy
- Sports Massage Association
- Sports Therapy Organisation
- LCSP Register of Remedial Masseurs & Manipulative Therapists
Who can do this course
- Anyone over 16
- Must be fit enough to perform sports massage